Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH) invites all personnel on the base, military and civilian, to help reduce trash deliveries to Oahu’s landfills and H-Power Plant.
JBPHH provides recycling opportunities for white paper, cardboard, metals, and unpainted/untreated pallets only.
As of Sept. 1, 2018, all white paper and cardboard recycling services have been contracted to external parties. Under this contract, green toters were provided to customers for paper collection and blue metal containers have been centrally located throughout the base for cardboard.
Customers may drop off all types of metals (ferrous & non-ferrous) at Bldg. 159 on Russell Avenue, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. If a special metal pickup is needed, please contact the JBPHH Recycling Center POC.
The JBPHH Recycling Center no longer collects unpainted/untreated pallets (metal, plastic or wood) as part of the Navy’s recycling program. Customers with pallets may call the JBPHH Recycling Center POC for suggested disposal options.
For questions/information, please contact the JBPHH Recycling Center POC at 471-0967 / 474-3717.
White Paper – Contracted Out (Collected every other Friday)
- All white paper, including strip shredded paper, will be placed into the green toters. However, no pulverized or cross cut paper will be accepted.
- Customers are responsible for following their organizaton's Personal Identifiable Information (PII) security procedures.
- All shredded paper must be placed in a clear plastic bag then placed into the green toter.
- NO magazines, newspapers, books, etc., should be placed into the green toter - WHITE PAPER ONLY.
For additional toters, call JBPHH Recycling Center POC
Cardboard – Contracted Out (Collected every other Tuesday)
- Cardboard is collected at various locations through-out JBPHH in blue metal containers.
- All cardboard must be flattened and placed inside the designated containers.
- Any items left outside of the container will NOT be collected.
For additional blue containers, call JBPHH Recycling Center POC.
Metals – Collected at Bldg. 159
- All types of metals (ferrous & non-ferrous) are accepted. Metal cylanders need to be out-of-date, valve removed or a hole drilled into the cylinder.
Note: Metals may only be dropped off during official times at the Bldg. 159 location. Customers are encouraged to contact the JBPHH Recycling Center POC before delivering and/or to schedule a pickup.
- Bldg. 159, Russell Avenue - Hours of Operation: Mon to Thurs: 8 - 11 a.m., 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.; Fri: 8 - 11 a.m.
- Directions from Nimitz Gate: Turn left on South Avenue, proceed about 1/4 miles and turn right onto Russell Avenue, Bldg. 159 is about 1/4 mile on the right.
Note: The JBPHH Recycle Center DOES NOT participate in the HI-5 program. Residents who wish to redeem their cans and plastic/glass bottles should click here
to find the nearest HI-5 redemption location.
RECYCLING BROCHURE (PDF):
JBPHH Recycling Center Brochure (PDF) Revised 28 Nov 18
RECYCLING FLYER (PDF):
JBPHH Recycling Center Flyer (PDF) Revised 28 Nov 18
(Last Updated: 2/16/22)