HAWAII STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH FUEL TANK ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
In response to the 2014 release incident at the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility (RHBFSF), the 2016 Hawaii State Legislature established a permanent Fuel Tank Advisory Committee (FTAC) consisting of fourteen ex officio members and two members from the general public. The committee, under the purview of the Hawaii State Department of Health, holds four (4) public meetings throughout a calendar year on a quarterly basis. The purpose of the committee and subsequent meetings are to ensure that the RHBFSF and adjoining field-constructed underground storage tanks and pipeline system are being maintained and operated in an environmentally safe and protective manner.
Information regarding past Hawaii State Department of Health FTAC Meetings can be found by clicking on the following link
2023 - 2nd Quarter FTAC Meeting (JUNE 6, 2023):
2023 - FTAC Meeting Navy Presentation (PowerPoint Slides)
For further information about the 2023 - 2nd Quarter FTAC Meeting please click here
2022 - 4th Quarter FTAC Meeting (NOVEMBER 9, 2022):
2022 - FTAC Meeting Webinar Chat Room Questions & Answers
For further information about the 2022 - 4th Quarter FTAC Meeting please click here
2022 - 2nd Quarter FTAC Meeting (MAY 13, 2022):
For further information about the 2022 - 2nd Quarter FTAC Meeting please click here
TOWN HALLS, WORKSHOPS AND OTHER PUBLIC MEETINGS:
Senator Donna Mercado Kim & Area Legislators’ Red Hill Town Hall - December 12, 2022
On Monday, December 12, 2022, Senator Donna Mercado Kim and Area Legislators’ held a Town Hall Meeting at Moanalua Middle School to provide an opportunity for the public to engage with Navy Leadership and voice their questions or concerns pertaining to the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility. Listed below are the questions provided by the general public and the Navy's responses.
Red Hill Public Workshop - October 15, 2019
The Navy invited members of the public to attend a workshop at the Oahu Veterans Center, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019. The workshop provided an opportunity for attendees to ask questions and hear the latest update on the Administrative Order on Consent. The event featured various poster stations with subject matter experts standing by to help explain what the posters represent. Click links below to view the posters.
Red Hill Public Workshop - March 14, 2018
RED HILL AUDIO FILE UPDATES:
In the Navy’s continued efforts to facilitate open and transparent communication with regulators, stakeholders and the general public below you will find information regarding the most recent upgrades and improvements to the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility. These efforts not only allow the Red Hill fuel tanks to remain a viable resource to our national defense but ultimately ensure the protection of human health, the environment as well as Oahu’s drinking water supply.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic the Navy held in-person meetings to inform the public of any updates and improvements to the Red Hill Facility. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions on large social gatherings, the Navy is currently providing audio updates.
Audio updates can be listened to by clicking on the corresponding links below:
2021 - 3rd Quarter Audio updates (Sept. 1, 2021)
- Administrative Order on Consent (AOC) Update – Donald Panthen, Director of the Navy’s Red Hill Program Management Office, provides updates on the Navy’s progress under the AOC agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH).
Download MP3 File (11 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:12:00)
- Red Hill Fuel Support to the State of Hawaii – Lt. Cmdr. Les Begin, fuel director for the Naval Supply Systems Command Fleet Logistics Center, discusses how the fuel contained at Red Hill supports the State of Hawaii in times of disaster and emergency response as well as the day-to-day operations of the Hawaii Air National Guard (HIANG).
Download MP3 File (6 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:05:52)
- Soil Vapor Monitoring (SVM) 101 – Dayna Fujimoto, a supervisory environmental engineer with the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Hawaii, provides supporting soil vapor monitoring information to supplement the Navy’s 1st quarter “Soil Vapor Monitoring Program Update” audio cast file.
Download MP3 File (5 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:05:07)
2021 - 1st Quarter Audio updates (March 26, 2021)
- Tank Tightness Testing Update - CAPT. Darrel Frame, Red Hill Program office director of Naval Facilities Engineering Command Hawaii, provide updates on the Navy's Tank Tightness Testing process.
Download MP3 File (6 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:06:13)
- Fleet Logistics Center, "System of Systems" Update - Lt. Cmdr. Shannon Bencs, fuel director for Naval Supply Systems Command Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor discusses how the individual systems at Red Hill work in conjunction with each other.
Download MP3 File (8 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:09:08)
- Soil Vapor Monitoring Program Update - Susan Lohr, a physical scientist with the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command Hawaii explains some of the innovative advances being made to the Navy's Soil Vapor Monitoring Program.
Download MP3 File (8 MB) I Stream audio on DVIDS (Length: 00:09:02)